Interview Questions for Receptionist
Receptionists must have strong organizational and communication skills, including soft skills like customer service, multitasking, and the ability to make quick judgment calls. If you have an interview for a receptionist job coming up, make sure you are ready by rehearsing answers to the interview questions on this list:
Common Receptionist Interview Questions
Many of the questions you’ll face during a receptionist interview deal with customer service and organization. You might also hear questions about phone manner, accounting skills, and computer skills. Some of the most common questions include:
- How do you handle multi-tasking during a busy day?
- What is your filing system like?
- Can you give me an example of a time you dealt with a customer complaint well?
- Can you give me an example of a time you dealt with a customer complaint poorly? How would you do it differently now?
- How do you stay organized throughout the day?
- At your last job, how many people did you interact with in a typical day?
- What are your typing and 10-key speeds?
- Which software programs are you familiar with?
- How do you cope with stressful situations? Can you give me an example?
Some common Questions from Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt:
- Name the previous hotels for whom you have worked?
- Tell us about your previous hotel job title, job description and your roles and responsibilities.
- Major challenge that you have faced during job. Were you able to handle that and what you have done to solve that?
- How many hours do you work in previous hotel job?
- Would you prefer to work alone or in team. State the reason.
- Tell us the time when you were not able to meet the deadline? What were the consequences?
- How do you plan to achieve the targets?
- How you would describe your personality and managerial skills?
- What were your hotel job expectation and how far you have achieved that.
- What is your biggest accomplishment so far?
- What is your source of motivation?
- What interests you about this hotel job?
- What relevant experience do you have?
- What do you know about this hotel?
- What can be your contribution to improve the hotel further?
- What other jobs are you looking for in this industry?
- What are your goals?
- What bothers you the most and upset your patience?
- What you do not like in hotel jobs and what you like the most?
- What is your greatest achievement so far?
- What is the best company you have worked so far?
- What are the qualities that one must have for managerial job?
- Are you able to handle stress of job during peak season?
- Are you familiar with hotel industry in detail. Tell me the present scenario.
- Are you a good team player?
- Are you open to work in 24 x 7 environment and willing to travel?
- Are you able to work under pressure?
- Why have you chosen hotel jobs as your career?
- Where do you see yourself in next five or ten years?
- How long would you stay with our hotel?
- Anything which you want to ask from us?