Recent IELTS Speaking questions
get the best advice, follow Instagram blog @english.advice
- What natural sound(s) do you like (the most)? (Why?)
- What sounds do you dislike? (Why?)
- What sounds remind you of your childhood?
- What (kinds of) music do you like the most?
- Does your school have any quiet places for studying?
- What are some places where there is a lot of noise?
- Do you mind the noises? (Do any noises bother you?)
- What type of noise do you come across in your daily life?
- Do you like science?
- What science have you studied?
- How do you study science?
- What’s the most difficult part of studying science?
- How has the science that you have studied helped you?
- Is there anything being polluted in your hometown?
- What are the common types of pollutions in the countryside?
- What are the causes of those pollutions?
- Have you ever done anything to help the environment?
- How long can you remember your dream when you wake up?
- Do you like hearing others dream?
- Do you think dream will affect life?
- Do you often have a dream at night?
- Have you had a bad dream before?
- What was the strangest dream you have had?
- What do you usually dream about?
- When was the last time you were alone?
- What do you like to do when you are alone?
- Do you wish to have more time alone?
- Is it important to have some time alone?
- Do you prefer to study in the morning or in the evening?
- Why do some people find it difficult to focus in the morning?
- What do you do to improve your efficiency?
- Do you currently live in a house or a flat/ apartment?
- Are street markets common in your country?
- What is usually sold there?
- Do you think people like street markets? Why?
- What is your favorite festival?
- How do you celebrate the festival?
- What is the most popular festival in your country?
- Do you like western festivals?
- Where do people usually go to festivals?
Tea or coffee
- What do you prefer, tea or coffee?
- What do you usually prepare for your guests, tea or coffee?
- When was the last time you drank coffee or tea?
- Who is your favorite film star?
- Do you think that the international film star is famous in your country?
- Do you like a local film star or international film star?
Concerts or music
- Do you often listen to music?
- When do you listen to music?
- Have you ever been to concerts?
- Do you have patience?
- Have you ever lost patience?
- When do you need patience the most?
- Do you like to watch the sky?
- What is the sky like at night in your hometown?
- Do you like to watch stars?
- Have you ever taken a course about stars?
- What’s your favorite star?
- Where do you run?
- How often do you run?
- Is running a good exercise?
- Do you run more now than you did you in the past?
- What do you like to share?
- What kinds of things that are not suitable for sharing?
- How often do you go to the cinema?
- Did you go to the cinema in your childhood?
What is your name?
Where are you from?
House or apartment
Where do you live? A house or an apartment?
Do you think you will move to a new place?
What is your favourite room?
Work or study
Do you work or study?
Where do you work?
What would you think you need to change?
What do you do at work – your responsibilities?
How was your first day?
Where do you study?
What do you like about there?
What do you like to change about there?
How many hours should you try to sleep?
Did you sleep more when you were a child?
Do you take a nap in the afternoon? How does that affect you?
Describe a party you recently attended.
- Where was it?
- When was it?
- Why did you attend it?
Describe a time you received a bad service
- When did it happen?
- Where did it happen?
- Who you were with?
- Why was it horrible?
Describe a good law in your country.
- What the law is about.
- How did you know about the law?
- Do you think people like this law?
Describe a situation when others didn’t tell you the whole truth.
- what the situation was
- who was involved
- why they didn’t tell you the whole truth
and explain how you felt when you found out that you were not told the whole truth.
Describe a time when you had searched for information?
- When was it?
- What was the information you were looking for?
- How did it help you?
Describe a house or apartment you want to live in.
- What it would look like?
- Where it would be located?
- What facilities this would have?
and explain why you want to live there.
Who are those responsible for the law?
What level of education should policemen enforcing the law have?
What international law do you know?
Why do you think the law is important?
Do you think there are some laws in other countries apart from the one mentioned?
Are family events important?
What are the reasons when families organize a party?
Do families use to spend more time together in the past?
Are the reasons for organizing a party same today as compared to the past?
What are International events important?
How does the person feel when he is representing his country on a global level?
What are the benefits of International events?
Is it ok to lie a little?
What situations can make you lie a little?
Do people often lie?
Do you find useful information available in the library and books?
How would the information available on the internet help those who have no knowledge of using it?
How will you find out if the information available on the internet is genuine?
What advantages does living in the countryside have, compared to living in a city?
Have areas of countryside in your country changed since you were a child?
Do you think that visits to the countryside should be something that schools offer to their children?
Did parties change compared to the past?
Did they change for better or worse, in your opinion?
People believe that spending a lot of money on a party or a wedding is good, what is your opinion?
Sometimes a country spends millions of dollars on international events. Is it a good or bad trend?