One of the popular topics for IELTS & TOEFL is Sport.
- Feel a sense of enjoyment — испытывать чувство удовольствия
Example: Whenever I play football with my friends, I feel a sense of enjoyment although I sweat a lot.
- Have an opportunity to socialize — иметь возможность общаться
Example: Participating in a sport give you the opportunity to socialize, which means you can meet and make a new friend
- Face the risk of injury — сталкиваться с риском травм
Example: You should be careful when playing sports otherwise you will face the risk of injury.
- Need large investment of time — требует большой траты времени
Example: Playing a sport will need a large investment of time.
Phrases to describe sport activities
1 . To take up exercise: to start doing exercise — начать тренироваться/заниматься спортом
Example: I say I’m going to take up exercise all the time, but I always find an excuse to delay.
2. To train hard: to train with a lot of effort — усердно тренироваться
Example: An athletic has to train hard to achieve their goal.
3. To do judo/karate — заниматься дзюдо/карате
To play tennis/football — играть в теннис/футбол
Example: At the weekends I like to play football with friends, and sometimes I just do judo to kill my times.
4. A strong swimmer: a good swimmer
Example: My father who is a strong swimmer teaches me how to swim.
5. To get into shape: to become fit
Example: My brother does many exercises, which help him to get into shape.
6. To keep fit: to stay in good physical condition — быть в форме
Example: I try to keep fit by consuming healthy food and doing exercise regularly
7. To go jogging: to run around the street — заниматься бегом
Example: I usually go jogging with my mother in the park which is near my house in the early morning or in the afternoon.
8. To set a record: to achieve best result in sport — установить рекорд
Example: All athletics always want to set a record or get personal bests.
9. Sports facilities: the equipment and services needed to do a sport — спорт инвентарь
Example: My university spends a lot of money on upgrading sports facilities.
10. A personal best: to achieve the best result so far in sport — личный рекорд
Example: Sara trains hard with the purpose of achieving her personal bests.
11. Brisk walk: a fast walk — быстрая ходьба
Example: Doing a brisk walk is one of the best ways to maintain our health.
12. A big/huge/massive fan of: supporter or admirer who really like something — большой фан
Example: I am a huge fan of football, and my favorite club is Real Marid.
13. To be out of condition: to be not physical fit — быть не в форме
Example: Lacking of doing exercise and playing sport can lead to being out of condition.
14. An athletics meeting: an event where various athletics sports are held — соревнования по спортивной атлетике
Example: It has been my dream to go to an athletics meeting with my family to watch sports, especially football matches.
15. A football match: a game of football — футбольный матч
Example: I have never missed a football match of my favorite club.
Here you will find links to essays connected to Sport topics.
get the best advice, follow Instagram blog @english.advice